Physics is an interesting subject where the students are able to learn about the study of matter and its motion and its behavior through space and time. For the better learning and understanding the NCERT course content is helping the students form their strong basics at the school level. Not only this but many other related concepts such as energy and force, current electricity especially mentioned in the NCERT solutions for class 12 Current Electricitygives the knowledge i.e. both conceptual and practical knowledge to the students to the solutions for current electricity.
Electromagnetic radiation which is also a very important concept for the students as it is a form of energy that is all around us and can be seen and felt in many forms, such as radio waves, microwaves, X-rays and gamma rays. Our Sunlight that we see is also a form of EM energy, but here the visible light is only a very small portion of the electromagnetic spectrum that contains a broad range of electromagnetic wavelengths.
Electromagnetic spectrum- The EM radiations spans a huge amount of combinations of wavelength and frequencies. Thus, the entire thing is called the electromagnetic spectrum. In order of decreasing wavelength and increasing energy and frequency, the EM spectrum is divided into seven spectrums-
- Radio Waves- These are the waves that are used for communication and they are used in cars called the radios. But the radio waves are not only related to the radio in the cars as they are used to carry TV signals, mobile phones where the voice is sent to other side through the use of radio signals. This is not the end of radio waves as they are also used in radar i.e. military where the signals are sent from one place to another in codes.
- Infrared waves- It is always seen that there are many objects that emit heat i.e. the infrared waves. They are most commonly used in the remote controls.
- Microwaves- In a microwave, which can be used to heat and cook your food have the most obvious applications. The microwaves are not that different from radio waves, and they also been used for communications for extending TV signals tolarger distances.
- Ultraviolet waves- The ultraviolet rays are commonly heard with the word sunlight as the sun emits are large amount of UV rays that are the main cause of cancer. But apart from it these rays and waves have some importance where they are used to sterilize and disinfect medical instruments.
- Gamma Rays- These are the waves with the highest frequency and shortest wavelength in the electromagnetic spectrum, are the gamma rays. These rays are used in killing the living organisms and treating cancer.
- X-rays- To see inside the human body and diagnose the diseases if any, the x-rays are used. They are also used in treating cancer cells.
This concept of waves is very important for the students for those who are appearing for entrance exams. For further elaboration and explanation, the cbse class 12 Physics chapter 8is also considered useful. These books are of great assistance for the students to crack their entrance at one go.