It is a brand-driven world and on a psychological plane, human seeks identification with the things, ideas and brands for a larger than life experience. Brands impact mind, lifestyle, and ideologies. For instance, the brand slogan of Nike “Just do it” has inspired millions of people and served as a life-defining statement for a lot of athletes and sports personalities.
And then, of course, it has got tremendous potentialities of expanding the business beyond borders by its sheer capacity of emotional attributes. It also has the legal implications too. Should you look out for trademark registration cost Turkey, let’s discuss the subject and find out the importance of trademark in business and life.
Why You Need trademark?
- Your logo and brand message serves as an effective communication tool. Since logos are the way of creating brand identity, they serve as mnemonics and sometimes they portray the idea and philosophy behind your business too. The brand message can persuade people to do certain things because minds look for guidance and security, and brand slogans serve the purpose.
- The trademarks are your identity; in a world where millions of brands competing to get the market share, it can be difficult to make your presence felt if you do not have a brand or trademark that beats the clutter and stands out.
- The trademarks act as assets too, they help you to expand and create a brand extension; for instance, if you deal with clothing, then under the trademark you can venture into accessory segments such as shoe or jewelry. And over the time the value increases just like your property.
Apparently, your brand as an idea gets into existence after marka patent; let’s discover the legal implications and procedures that revolve around brand patent process and how should you approach the whole process to avoid conflicts and claims that might arise from the competitive environment.
- While developing products or intellectual property make sure that you maintain utmost privacy. Keep the flow of information constrained and make it available to the people who need it, do not make it a public affair until the patent comes into effect officially.
- Create contract between the partners and developers that defines the rights of ownership and how the property will be divided. You also have to formulate exclusive contractual claims to ensure that the developers are not calming the ownership without prior notification or agreement.
- The minds are so similar because of the environmental and educational conditioning and it is possible that the ideas might overlap resulting from certain conditioned responses; therefore, it is important to patent the intellectual property as early as possible. Make sure that you get the domestic trademark registration first. And as the business grows or you extend your service beyond the borders, then you can go for international trade registration.
- Before you apply for trademark registration, make sure that you run a clearance search to find out whether the logo, brand name, images or slogans are already patented by someone or you just happen to be as creative as you wanted to be. As mentioned above, the ideas can overlap; so, to be on a safer side conduct the search, and local trademark office should be the ideal place to start with.
- Once you verified and conducted the clearance search apply for the trademark by filling the trademark application form. And at this stage it is advisable to consult an organization that deals with patent and trademark registration formalities. Since the process is a bit complicated, it should be only dealt with the professional organization.
- You should also consider registering brand derivatives such as social media tags. In addition, you must formulate a contractual agreement with all the third parties that are involved in intellectual property creation. Set clear-cut rules stating that the property belongs to you and no one can use it without your consent even if they were part of the creation process.
Life without the brand is inconceivable; from social media to billboards, banners, and television, the brands are flowing in and out. While some stay alive, quite a few brands just do not withstand the wrath of competition. However, the brand and branding continue to shape the market and human consciousness alike.
Therefore, it has become so much more important for the business houses to create a distinct brand image that not only showcases the products and services but also shapes the mind and the way of life. And the exclusivity should only belong to the people who formulated the idea, as that is where trademark comes into action.
Should you look for Patent almak Istanbul, remember that only a professional organization is capable enough to handle the legality of the process and get you the patent that you need for your brand to survive and flourish in this competitive marketplace.