Look back, lift your right hand and touch your nose, close your eyes, raise your left leg, open your eyes touch your mouth; well, how precisely you do all these activities; probably that is why human body seems to be the most evolved and intelligent. Imagine if you have to create a robot of the same precision, then what should be the ideal approach.
Of course, you need stepper motors. Out of varied types of stepping motor available such as unipolar and bipolar stepper motor, you can choose motor according to your dynamic demand. Let’s look at the applications of the stepping motor in industrial units and other areas of life.
Stepper Motor Applications:
- Consumer electronic devices such as cameras use stepping motors for functionalities like zoom and focus. And mobile cameras also use stepping motors as actuators.
- The automotive industry also uses these motors for various functions such as cruise control, the antenna positioning, and sensing devices.
- Even office equipment such as computers, printers, storage devices also has stepping motors installed in them. You can also spot these motors in medical devices such as scanners, samplers and an array of other equipment; in fact, from the gaming industry to security, every industry uses these motors for some or other reasons.
- Let’s look at the implication of the stepper motor linear actuator; the actuator offers excellent control, facilitates smooth acceleration and deceleration. You can also program them with various stopping options.
- However, if you are a newcomer in the market, then you might find it difficult to find the right supplier that can offer you an end-to-end solution; the below mentioned are few factors that you must consider before you choose the supplier.
- First of all, you have to find the supplier that exclusively deals with the stepping motor solution. Which means, the company should be able to offer you motors, CNC drives, couplings and other products that you need for the application? Because these motors belong to a specific segment, only a specialized company can give you better products.
- Verify the authenticity and experience of the company by browsing through their website. You can also look at their customer feedback and reviews to determine the quality of the product and services they offer.
- Find out whether they have a tech support team or not. You should always get the products from the organization that has a dedicated team to assist you with your query. Without the technical support team, you are likely to face problems that could be annoying. So, purchase the products from a supplier that gives technical support.
- Verify the organization’s product list and choose the supplier that has a bigger inventory because companies that deal with bulk-selling can give you a better price; in addition, with a bigger supplier you will have the convenience of the comprehensive stepping motor solution
- Look at the cost factor too. While some suppliers keep bigger profit margins, some prefer to offer at a lower price; you need to find those companies that are more cost friendly and give you better service too.
- If you are ordering online, then you have to consider the turnaround time because a delay in delivery of the product can hamper the productivity of your project. Some companies have extended the network of inventories to ease the shipping process.
- You also need to analyze your needs and implicational aspects of your project before you decide to buy stepping motors because different kinds of motors have their unique functionalities; therefore, you have to understand your project requirements properly.
You also need to functionalities of different devices such as Optical Encoder and their application in your project. An optical encoder is available with high resolution, dynamic response, and accuracy. The device is so accurate that it never misses the position of its track and does not require any kind of battery.
So, for all the precision control requirements, you should choose stepping motors for better performance; however, you need to educate yourself and get conversant with the technology. If you are an engineer, then you might be able to grasp the essence of the technology easily, but for the non-technical people, it could look a little complicated.
However, you can understand the functionality of these motors while you work on the project; also, you should find online resources to understand the logic behind the technology. In case, you still find it difficult, then consult the technical support team for any queries regarding the stepping motor solution.
Finally, the need for stepping motor is increasing and in coming times the demand will grow faster. So, if you are working in an industry that needs a stepping motor solution, then locate the best company that specializes in the stepping motor segment, and empower your project with a superlative stepping motor solution.