After completing graduation, candidates often get confused in selecting the best career option. Being a fresher, business development executive provides a platform where a fresher can use their knowledge and skill for the growth and development of the organization as well as theirs.
The main objective of a business development executive is to assist their companies to acquire new customers and sell additional products or services to existing ones. It simply means the role of a BDE is very prime in expanding its clientele.Lead generation and prospect management are the fundamental goals the business development executive.
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily perform this job effectively.
A company looking for a business development executive should have the following skills:
- Must possess strong customer service skills.
- Candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skill.
- Must have good negotiation skills to manage customers.
- Must be able to deliver a good presentation.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be task oriented and an active listener as well.
- Should be able to work under pressure.
A business development executive should be able to provide ideas to attract new clients and keep the senior management updated on marketplace and competitor activity. The primary role and responsibilities of this profile include:
- To make contacts with potential clients to create new business opportunities.
- Should keep prospective client database updated.
- Make cold calls to generate new business leads.
- Should be proficient in writing new business proposals.
- One should maintain knowledge of all product and service offerings of the company.
- A BDE has to arrange meetings with senior management with prospective clients.
- Company guidelines and procedures must be strictly followed for acquisition of customers, submission of tenders etc.
Salaries of executive vary as per experience and level of responsibilities. The initial salary is about 2-2.5 lakh annually but rise to about 10-12 lakh with several years of experience.
The Business Development Executive Working Environment
In most of the of cases, business development executives work in conventional office environments. They are expected to dress in professional business attire and work 9 am to 5 pm, occasionally putting in additional hours to meet deadlines or sales quotas.
Since the system administration is critical in this position, this profile must often travel to conferences, business meetings, and industry events. In this way, there is a standard bonus amongst business development officials, and business trips around the nation or even around the world are an occasional necessity for many businesses.
BDE occupy senior roles at their company, they typically work according to their own initiative and have few superiors to answer to. In almost every company, if the executive delivers new clients and sound deal reliably, their everyday methods and schedules will be left largely up to them.
Last but not the least, there is enough career scope in this field along with challenging job profile. You can also search for various jobs in Surat. As this city is developing day by day, so job opportunities are also emerging.