SAP HANA 1.0 users are excited to know about the SAP HANA 2.0 because of its new database enhancements. Most IT companies who opt for SAP find satisfaction in the wide range of capabilities and the inherent reliability offered by the driver installations of SAP HANA 1.0 which help them run SAP apps with security and create new apps using SPS 12 which adheres to specific digitization needs. However, somewhere down the line, these companies look for methods that help them gain a continuous access to data, make data security stringent, and also include simplification of a landscape administration. The SAP HANA 2.0 has a list of new additions to its core database capabilities that deal with the problems of these companies. A simple SAP HANA tutorial will elaborate on the multiple benefits of SAP 2.0.
Key benefits of SAP HANA 2.0
- Safe and secure data
- SAP HANA 2.0 brings a refreshing perspective to data security. It is the optimal option for any company that is looking for complete data security and faster access to data. SAP HANA 2.0 has focused on improvements entailing security and business continuity.
- SAP HANA 2.0 has also focused on the enhancement of HA/DR extensively. The inclusion of multi-tier system replication chains which incorporate more than 2 secondary systems is one of the key features of SAP HANA 2.0. The feature is capable of continuously accessing data from the secondary node even when the primary server has been restarted.
- SAP HANA 2.0 allows loading balance read workloads between a primary and secondary instance of SAP HANA when the active read mode has been started. The secondary nodes are now able to access more data instead of remaining idle during system outage or planned maintenance and this helps the company gain more from their investment.
- SAP HANA 2.0 reduces system downtime. The software utilizes multi-streaming and parallelization techniques for data pre-loading. While system replication is still running, the tenant databases can be moved across various multi-tenant environments using this software.
- Native data encryption has been extended so that it can also include data at rest such as log backups and redo logs. The feature of dynamic data masking in SAP HANA 2.0 improves security as unauthorized users can only view an obfuscated version of the original data. For example, you can keep the columns of employee details and social security numbers and credit card information hidden and protected from some users who have been assigned SELECT privileges to a particular view of the data but not the complete access to the data.
- Simplicity in design
- SAP HANA Cockpit has been developed to make managing the IT landscape in any company a simpler task.
- It consists of a single graphical user interface that helps you supervise all the aspects of SAP HANA deployments easily.
- Multiple tenants and thousands of SAP HANA instances can be managed with the SAP HANA Cockpit. It also facilitates efficient management through a simplified method to manage user groups, encryption, security alerts, and user configurations.